It’s great that your furnace heats your home and keeps you warm during the winter, but the combination of heat and cold winter air produces dry air. Just like it’s important for your body to stay hydrated, it’s important for your home to stay hydrated too so those living in the home maintain health and comfort.
Dry air can cause a number of problems:
- dry nose
- cracked itchy skin/dry lips
- sore throats
- increase spread of cold and flu symptoms
- aggravate allergy and asthma symptoms
- static shock
- chipping paint and plaster
- splitting or cracked wood floors, trim, molding and furniture
A whole home humidifier is installed directly into your furnace and puts moisture back into the air in your home through your heating and cooling duct system. And because humidified air feels warmer, you’ll be able to turn down your thermostat!
Benefits of whole home humidifiers:
- lower heating bills
- reduce dry/bloody noses
- eliminate static shock
- relieve allergy and asthma symptoms
- reduce spread of flu virus
- relieve dry, cracked and itchy skin/lips
- provide relief from coughs, congestion, and sore throats
- keep paint and plaster from chipping
- keep wood floors, trim, molding, and furniture from cracking or splitting
- no portable humidifier tanks to fill, empty, and clean
For more information on whole home humidifier or for a free estimate, contact us.